Sunday, March 22, 2009

I Passed Again!


So a little while ago, M-Guy and M-Gal took me out one night. We came to a place called a nursing home and he told me that I had to be a good boy so I could pass my Therapy Dog test. What's with all these tests that I have to pass? Isn't it obvious by now that I'm a good boy? Sheeeesh! I guess all dogs have to pass this one though if they want to go visit people in nursing homes and hospitals. That sounds like it would lead to some fun adventures and more places for me to check out, so I guess I'm down with that.

It was a lot like that Doggie Good Something-or-other test, or whatever it was called. M-Guy and these other folks threw me some curve balls on this one though. There were treats I had to walk past without eating, a bunch of ladies yelling, screaming and acting crazy, and the kitchen was at the end of the hall with people pushing carts in and out banging pots and pans together. To top it off, one time we had to walk the other way down the hall while the crazy ladies ran past us, all rowdy like, with a corgi riding in a chair with wheels! The only thing I want to know is how did the corgi get that gig? I want that job next time! It looked a lot more fun than having to walk nicely next to M-Guy through the whole thing.

Anyway, I passed another test again, so I can become a Therapy Dog now. Everybody there kept saying how good I was, and how handsome I am. DUH! What else did they expect from the Handsome Hector? That place was pretty fun, so hopefully I get to go back soon to visit the folks staying there. Hey M-Guy! I didn't help you and M-Gal out around the house that much before this test like I did last time, but don't worry.....I made up for it. I cleared off M-Gal's night stand, and cleaned the kitchen counters for ya. No need to thank me! Just an FYI.

H - Oh....and by the way, I made the Rochester paper again also! Check it out

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so impressed. The only test I passed.. is hmmm... well let's just say I am still in training. Good dog 101.

Way to go!
Norwood

Burning Moon said...

I am SOOOO jealous! I have a hard time just being a good HOUSE dog. I don't know what is wrong with me. Mama says the doctors and trainer think I have Canine OCD and that makes it hard for me, but I really WANT to be a good girl. I wish I could take lessons from you.

Noelle

PoochesForPeace said...

Yay Hector! I'm sure proud of you!Keep on slashin those stereotypes!

Anonymous said...

AH Hector!! Your such a beautiful dog and you have come such a long way!! Congratulations to you and your humans for taking the time and effort to show everyone what a wonderful dog you are!!! Im sure you will enjoy your new job. You deserve it!!! You are a true treat and joy!!! I wish you only the best of luck!!!

Boris said...

Hector,

You the man! Congratulations!

Do they measure your blood pressure in the test? From some of your pictures & vids you look like you can really keep the mellow going.

Next month I start my weekly play dates so I can get a CGC test too. Doing therapy would be so cool, as I love being around people.

I'll Check-Back Boris

R3K9S said...

Congrats Handsome Hector!

One voice counts said...

Oh, HECTOR. Whenever I get so distressed I wanna hollar and kick and scream and I'm just waaah waaah waaahing with tears and the whole nine - well then I hop over to see what you guys are up to and everything is OK again. You are such a very cool guy. How is NELLIE doing? Love, Samantha

Heather Cherry said...

Hector, I left you and Johnny and Uba and Zip and everyone else an award over at my site! Just don't eat it, k?

Raggedykinfolk said...

Hector your beautifu! I just stummbled upon this site and have it in my faves. I love pits, I have two and I am so proud of everyone who is a part of this rescue operation. They are wonderful dogs. Thanks to you all!
Marcy

Anonymous said...

Hector is so beautiful. Thanks for rescueing him and for all the efforts made by everyone to care for this wonderful breed. I am a owner of two pit bulls, they are my babies and this breed is the best. I'm proud of the work everyone here is doing.
Marcy