Sunday, October 19, 2008

Life is better with a little Jhumpa in it!!




Hi, all! I'm Jhumpa...

Because I don't have fingers, my person is helping me type this. Cool, huh? I mean, how many pit bulls have a person who will help them type? I guess that's a great way to introduce my situation: I'm just like Jonny Justice, Uba, Hector, Teddles, and the rest of my "family" - I've found an amazing place to live (in New York state) and sometimes I still can't believe it. One day, about a month after I came to live here, my person started crying and said that she was crying because she saw me "smile" for the first time. I still don't know what the heck she was crying about, especially since I was so happy. Humans never cease to confuse me...

Anyway, since I came to live with my new family (eight months ago), every day has been a new adventure. My person and I go to school every week and I have already graduated from basic agility and basic obedience. That agility thing is so cool - Did you know that we're allowed to jump on tables when we're doing agility? And that I can even get a hot dog for just "sitting" in obedience!? What a great gig! And as if this isn't cool enough, at home I get to live with a whole bunch of other animals! I have three big brothers (a pit bull, a lab and a westie), and a big sister (bull terrier/pitty mix). I also have five cats. One of my cats, Clarence, is really cross-eyed and it is really fun to play with him because he can't really tell where I am when I'm jumping all around. The other day when we were tearing up the house, Clarence smacked me in the face and now I have a funny mark on my nose. It didn't really hurt but my person made a funny face when she looked at it and said something about "wolverine". Maybe she will post a picture so you can decide for yourself...
Everyone who meets me says I'm really cute and most people think I'm still a puppy (even though I'm all grown up). Lots of people want to pet and hug and squeeze me but I am still a little worried about being squeezed by strangers. But wouldn't you be? I mean, seriously!!
Anyway, I better get to bed. I have to get up early to be sure that my person gets her daily walk, otherwise she can get out of control. And noone wants that :)
Thanks for having me! I will be sure to be in touch soon!!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to life Jhumpa.
Boy you sound like you have a fun and exciting life now.
Cool picture.
Watch out for that Westie.
They`re crazy!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jhumpa
You should submit your cute picture to this site
http://upsidedowndogs.com/
I`ll bet you give sloppy kisses.

Anonymous said...

Oh Jhumpa! I watched a couple of your videos and absolutley fell in love with you! I am so happy the way things have turned out for you and the others who were saved from 'the name that shall not be spoken aloud'. God bless you all!

Anonymous said...

Everybody says my rescued Chow mix acts like a puppy, too. She's also afraid of some strangers, especially if they invade her personal space before a proper greeting. So glad you've found a great home. Best!