Monday, June 9, 2008

A day in the life of me

In the morning, Nice Mister and The Kid come to open my crate, I spazz around the house a few times to let everyone else know that I'm up and about, and then we do what Nice Mister has apparently deemed, "Love Time."

This entails Nice Mister sitting on the floor with me saying nice things to me while I lean on him.


It also often includes The Kid talking to me about all kinds of things like how that red, yellow, and blue thing that doesn't taste like anything but is fun to chew apart isn't a dog toy. The Kid kept referring to it as his "fire truck." Anyway, The Kid tries to teach me stuff but it's hard to figure out what he's saying since this communicating -through-
sounds- instead -of -body -English-
language-thing ain't exactly easy to learn. Something about how rotisserie chicken isn't dog food, it's people food, and how I'm a dog and not a person blah blah blah. I wonder how I can teach The Kid to just give me the damn chicken! But I digress.

At the end of "Love Time," Nice Mister and I go running so I can make sure all my designated pee spots are still mine. And then, after Nice Mister goes to work, I play and lounge around.

My foster sisters are pretty cool.

Isabelle's lots of fun but Nice Lady doesn't seem to like it when I take flying leaps onto Isabelle's back.

Whodathunkit?

But she didn't seem to mind if I just lay next to her, so we do that.









And Lucy's still bitchy as ever so I have to put up with humiliating things like serving as her chair. Oh if my "friends" back home could see me now.











And if I get really bored, I can always entertain myself.



Or just chill.




Good times all around.



Not bad. Not bad at all.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey - is that a PACO collar?? That dog's doin' alright!

Life is good.

2beemo said...

Teddles, you are such a lucky boy to have such a great foster family! Your foster sisters look like fun to hang out with, even if they boss you around alot! And to have a Kid is nice too, DOUBLE THE TOYS!

Ernie said...

Hi Ted,

Look like your days are filled with nothing but fun and love now.

I have one of those doggy chairs like your Lucy, only mine is a different color and we call it Maxine.

My boy told me that having foster dogs around has taught him how to pick up after himself (a little) more often. He lost a few stuffed animals and toys along the way when he forgot to put them away...

Anonymous said...

I love the way you write these blogs. I can almost feel what the dogs are feeling...it makes my heart a happy heart and puts some sunshine in my day until I get back home to my two special pit babies.

Boris said...

Hey Ted's,

You got a great klan there with special people, kid and of course Lucy. I miss them all.

Keep working on that maturity and composure when it comes to toys, especially not your own.

Getting 'hot' as I experiencing my first TX-summer. Learned a new word hum-id, which means I stay inside more with the hum-ans. Enjoy your great bay weather.

Give the kid a big kiss for me,

Boris-Baby