Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I got a brother!

I’m not sure how they knew, but the people here got me just what I have been wishing for…a new dog! And it wasn't even my birthday! I love him. His name is Benny. We are best buddies.

I know I said before that I take time to warm up to new things, but I knew I liked Benny from the moment I saw him. They crated him across the room from me and I whined on and off for two days until they moved him right next to me...hey those tiny, little people who visit are right...whinning does work!

When he first got here they were calling him "compassion case" and now they are calling him "foster dog"...I don't know what any of those words mean, but it must be sorta like "big dork" or somethin' if Benny is one. Anyway, we have the best time together and his busted pelvis doesn't slow him down at all...(don't worry it's an old injury and it doesn't hurt him anymore) just makes him walk a little funny.

I also wanted to tell all my buddies who have gotten their CGC...CONGRATULATIONS! I am so proud of you guys...

5 comments:

Boris said...

Iggy,

I think you're telling ths story backwards, I believe you found your destiny as a 'big' (in spirit) brother.

You have the energy and drive to bring out the best in others and compassion for those in need. Like they say, it takes one to know one.

Couldn't tell from the vid of how he plays with you that your Benny has any mobility issues. Now if you want to joke about your bro', those camo-pajamas ... (Like I tell my buddy Moses, Brindled means God forgot to finish mixing your coat of paint.)

I'll check-back on you brothers,

Boris

Princess Patches said...

How nice that you got a new "brother"! Maybe if you are really nice to him, the peoples will let you keep him!

Aire-hugs,
Poppy, Penny & Patches

Uba said...

Wow, Iggy, that is so exciting. Your people are so nice to give you a foster brother to play with. It looks like Benny is really happy to have found you, too. Have lots of fun!
Uba

PoochesForPeace said...

Iggy,
My name is Shadow and this great human I know showed me your blog and I love it so much that I snuck on her computer and gave you guys a shout out at poochesforpeace.blogspot.com! You deserve it!
your biggest fan,
Shadow

Princess said...

That is so awesome you got a brother Iggy!! I keep hoping for one, but mom keeps saying something about needing a bigger place and I keep telling her I'll share my bed! How much space could a brother need?

Congrats and enjoy!